Fundraising for Organizations Providing Services for
Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) via President’s Challenge
The Rahmatan Lil Alamin (Blessings to all) Foundation (RLAF), in collaboration with the President’s Challenge, is organising a collection for organizations which provide services and support for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- The collection is part of the Rahmatan Lil Alamin (Blessings to All) Day or RLA Day, an annual commemoration which signifies the Singapore Muslim community’s efforts in spreading the ethos of Rahmatan Lil Alamin (bringing blessings to all). This year, the RLA Day focuses on rallying support towards the disability cause and PwDs in Singapore through the following:
a.) Raising awareness about disability and PwDs in Singapore among the community
b.) Nurturing a sustained relationship between organizations which support PwDs and stakeholders in the community through volunteer-beneficiary engagements and more
c.) Encouraging donations to RLAF’s fundraising for organizations which provide services and support for PwDs via President’s Challenge
- The COVID-19 pandemic has grievously affected societies and economies worldwide. Globally, it has taken millions of lives, sickened many more and disrupted countless jobs and businesses. Singapore is also hit hard, particularly in some industry sectors like aviation and tourism. In the social service sector, many smaller social service agencies including those which provide help to PwDs is facing difficulties in raising funds to continue their good work. As the vulnerable groups in our society are the most susceptible to the negative impact of the pandemic, such as job displacements and social isolation, help is needed by them and the agencies supporting them.
- Furthermore, greater support is needed for PwDs in the longer term due to growing trends. Firstly, PwDs are living longer and it is critical to expand efforts to enable them to live independently as they age. Secondly, the number of persons diagnosed with autism is growing and services to support them need to be enhanced. Thirdly, as the population ages and family size shrinks, ageing caregivers will find it harder to take care of their grown-up children and themselves. Support for older persons in caregiving roles has to expand.
- For this reason, the RLAF is conducting an online collection via multiple platforms starting today,Friday, 10 September to Thursday, 23 September 2021 to aid organizations which provide services and support for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- Members of the public can make their donation via online at:
Mode of donations: –
- a. PayNow – you would need to key in RLAF’s UEN: 200910530Z (Refer to Annex A for QR Code)
- Giving.SG – campaign at giving.sg/rlafoundationsg/rladay
- Muslim.SG – RLAF – RLA DAY
- Interbank transfer via RLAF (Rahmatan Lil Alamin Foundation) – Transfer to
OCBC Current Account at a/c no: 629069154001
Kindly email to email@example.com a screenshot of the donation made together with donor’s NRIC / UEN for tax deductible donations purposes.
- Issue cheque payable to ‘RLAF’. State on back of cheque: donor’s name, NRIC/ UEN (for a tax deductible donations) contact number and indicate “RLA Day”. Mail your cheque to RLAF (Masjid Yusof Ishak, No 10, Woodlands Drive 17, Singapore 737740) or to MUIS (No. 273 Braddell Road, Singapore 579702)
- All collection will be channeled through the President’s Challenge, a fund-raising movement managed by the National Council of Social Service, a statutory body established under the National Council of Social Service Act. For more information, please contact Ms Irdawaty Abdul Kadir at 9155 0065 or online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may contact Ms Maryam Marhim at 9652 1474 or at email@example.com
ANNEX A- QR CODE FOR PAYNOW
Note: You would need to key in RLAF’s UEN:200910530Z