with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), is organising a collection to provide urgent humanitarian and protection assistance to communities affected by the humanitarian emergency in Sudan.
There are 2 ways to PayNow :
1. Scan or retrieve screenshot of the above QR Code using your digital banking’s Scan & Pay. You will see ”SudanAppeal” in the Reference. Proceed to transfer.
2. Choose PayNow to UEN no. 200910530ZRLA then indicate “SudanAppeal” under Reference before transfer.
Transfer to OCBC Current Account
Indicate ”SudanAppeal” under remarks/reference.
Issue a cheque payable to ‘RLAF’. State on back of cheque: donor’s name, contact number and indicate “SudanAppeal”.
Mail your cheque to either :
a) RLAF (Masjid Yusof Ishak, 10 Woodlands Drive 17, Singapore 737740) or b) Muis (273 Braddell Road, Singapore 579702)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who is UNHCR and what does the organisation do?
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization working to save lives, protect rights and build a better future for refugees, internally displaced communities and stateless people. They work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find refuge from violence or persecution.
UNHCR staff in 137 countries are working to ensure the protection of people forced to flee, strengthen access to education and livelihoods, and provide life-saving support like shelter, water, food and health care. UNHCR partners with governments, non-profit organizations and private-sector companies to support forcibly displaced people and the communities hosting them.
2. Will the funds reach the communities affected by the crisis in Sudan?
All collection will be channeled through the UNHCR as they are operating on the ground and working with their partners to provide protection and assistance to the communities affected by the crisis in Sudan.
3. When is the period of donation?
The donation period would be held from 16 May 2023 to 28 May 2023.
4. Why can’t we donate to RLAF outside the period of donation?
It is because the permit that RLAF obtained from the Commissioner of Charities (CoC) is only applicable for the campaign date.
5. When will the funds reach the communities affected by the crisis in Sudan?
All net donations received and accounted for will be given to UNHCR after the end of the campaign period. UNHCR will do the necessary distributions.
6. How can I donate to the Sudan Emergency Appeal?
a. Scan or retrieve a screenshot of the above QR Code using your digital banking’s Scan & Pay. You will see “SudanAppeal” in the Reference. Proceed to transfer.
b. Choose PayNow to UEN and key in RLAF’s UEN: 200910530ZRLA and then indicate “SudanAppeal” under Reference before transfer.
c. Giving.SG – campaign at http://giving.sg/rlafoundationsg/sudan2023
d. Interbank transfer via RLAF (Rahmatan lil Alamin Foundation) – Transfer to OCBC Current Account at a/c no: 601-313315-001 .
7. What is the minimum amount for donations?
There is no minimum amount of donation except if you are to donate via Giving.sg which sets a $10 minimum amount.
8. Will receipts be issued for my donations?
Non tax-deductible receipts will be issued upon request via e-mail. As per IRAS regulation, these donations are not tax-deductible as they are donations for “foreign charitable purposes”.
9. What will the donation be allocated for?
The donation will be allocated for humanitarian assistance and protection including specialized support for children, prevention and response to gender-based violence, emergency shelter, access to clean water and sanitation facilities, as well as core relief items such as blankets, sleeping mats, hygiene kits, buckets, essential clothing, energy banks and solar lamps.
10. Can our donations be considered as Zakat?
All contributions are not considered as Zakat but as donations.
11. I donated online but forgot to indicate “SudanAppeal” under remarks. Will my online donation still be accepted for this fundraising campaign?
Yes. Your online donation will still be accepted for this fundraising campaign provided the donation is submitted during the stated fundraising period.
12. Does RLAF accept in-kind or item donations for this campaign?
We seek your understanding that RLAF does not accept in-kind or item donations for this campaign.
We strive to achieve a community of compassion and care through 3 key strategies : Building youth capacities, supporting community projects and facilitating humanitarian relief.
“I have this personal motto: Treat others how you would love to be treated. I would personally love when someone extends their help my way. That's what keeps me going to consistently volunteer.”Sakinah TanRLAF Core Volunteer
“Through my experience, I learnt to be more thankful and cherish my blessings. I have developed an approach towards things that will now come from the heart, more than any other external factors.”Hazmi Md NoorRLAF Core Volunteer