RAHMATAN LIL ALAMIN FOUNDATION’S PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1.1 The RLAF Personal Data Protection Policy (Policy) documents how we manage records of Personal Data in our database.
1.2 RLAF respects the rights you have to the confidentiality of your Personal Data and from the organisation perspective is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). The PDPA was enacted to protect the confidentiality of data that has been consolidated in the centralised database management system and those of the privacy of individuals by controlling the way in which the Personal data is managed. Reading this Policy enables you to know and understand better the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
1.3 RLAF collects Personal Data only for purposes required in business or in any activities conducted by us. We do not collect any Personal Data without a valid or reasonable purpose. We do not disclose your Personal Data unless prior consent has been obtained. We have administrative, physical and technical measures to ensure that your Personal Data is protected. We will properly destroy the Personal Data once there is no longer a business or legal purpose.
- Personal Data
2.1 In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any form of data, whether true or not, from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data in combination with other information to which we may have access. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide us include:
- Your name, NRIC number, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you
- Your employment history, education background, and income levels; and
- Your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history
- Collection of Personal Data
3.1 Generally, we collect your Personal Data when you:
- Submit forms relating to the RLAF grant application
- Provide your name cards
- Communicate with our staff, including during face-to-face meetings or via the telephone
- Request that we contact you
- Respond to our request for more Personal Data
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them
3.2 If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your project team, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes set above.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 In general, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services that you have requested
- To help us manage the delivery of and enhance our services
- To communicate with you and respond to your queries, requests and complaints
- To provide ongoing information about our service
- To handle disputes and facilitate the conduct of investigations
- To protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations
- To comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice and guidelines
- To assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities
4.2 In addition, we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, depending on the nature of our relationship with you.
a) If you submit an application to us for the RLAF grant
- To evaluate your application
- To provide or to obtain references
- To assess your participant database
- To disburse the grant
- Accuracy of Personal Data
5.1 We understand that your Personal Data changes frequently. We encourage you to contact us as soon as there are changes so that we are able to update any Personal Data we have about you. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to serve you with products and services that you have requested.
- Storage of Personal Data
6.1 We hold Personal Data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and records. We will protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. We also do not keep Personal Data longer than is necessary and will properly destroy Personal Data which we no longer require.
- Withdrawal of Consent
7.1 You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place.
7.3 You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your Personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant Personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement.
8.2 Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit certain websites. Depending on the type of cookies, they may store user preferences and other information.
9. Links to other Websites
10. Review of the Policy
10.1 This Policy will be reviewed from time to time by RLAF. We may update this policy to take into account of new laws, changes to our business environment and new corporate procedures, processes and practices. We strive to monitor and continually improve our Policy as we regard breaches of the PDPA very seriously. Updates to this policy will be posted on our Website.
11. Contact Us
11.1 If you have any questions about this Policy or any complaints relating to your Personal Data, or you would like to access and make corrections to your Personal Data records (a fee may be charged to cover the locating, retrieving, verifying, copying and material costs), we have set the channel below to contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer, RLAF
10 Woodlands Drive 17
Tel: (65) 68914261
11.2 Please provide your name, contact number and email address, and any relevant details pertaining to your request, enquiry, feedback or complaint.